Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Pics


It has been a while since I posted. I wanted to get some pictures up, and I have one quick tip for you that I'll lead off with.

As usual, we wanted to get some pictures of my kids in their Halloween costumes. So, before we started trick or treating we stepped out front to take some pictures. I think you can see the obvious problem:


My kids always turn into Squinty McGee whenever I try to get any decent front lighting (or side lighting). From experience, I knew that just trying to force a bad situation would result in mediocre shots. So I pulled an audible and moved out back.

The shot at the top resulted, and I also got a few individual shots:



Total elapsed time? About 10 minutes. That's including the required herding of children and two locations. I also was able to set up this shot that I really like:


Who said that taking family portraits needs to be a chore?

No comments: