Sunday, November 15, 2009

Black and White Playground Pics

I'm trying to update this blog a little more with the pictures I've taken over the past few months. Tonight's post consists of a number of shots I took at the playground with my Yashica-Mat 124. The Used Camera Database Blog has more information about the hardware that took the pictures, here I'll just be focusing more on the actual images.

Speaking of the images, these are a bit grainy -- I suspect I need to reevaluate how I convert the images from the negatives that I photographed on my DIY Film Scanner. There seems to be a lot of noise, probably from quantization error. For now, you just get grainier images than you might expect. The real shots are a lot cleaner than these appear.

Playing in the sand:




On the way there:



This fire hydrant appealed to me when we were heading to the park. I liked the bright contrast between the hydrant and the shadows behind it.

No comments: