Monday, April 14, 2008

It is a good time to buy RAM!

A shorty since I'm running late an working on a bunch of other posts right now.

After working with Bibble this morning, it really became obvious that I need more RAM for my computer. Mostly because I have 1GB and Bibble was using half of that.

But I'm in luck... this Washington Post article says that RAM prices are bottoming out due to excessive supply and the good prices should persist for some time.

So, I went ahead and picked up 2GB of DDR2-800 RAM at NewEgg for $47 including shipping and tax (I went with A-Data 2x1GB because it was well reviewed and had a really low price without messing around with a rebate). What an amazing price to triple my RAM!

This is a great time to add some more RAM if you do a lot of image processing!

No comments: