Sunday, January 27, 2008

This Is Not A Hardware Blog...

... even though it is beginning to look like one.

There are three reasons I've been posting more about hardware lately.

First, I've gone on a hardware binge (although $200 worth of hardware isn't much money-wise). And as usual, when I buy camera lenses and flash modifiers, camera lenses and flash modifiers are on my mind, and what's on my mind ends up here.

Second, it is simply a matter of giving readers what they want. Only two people responded to my post to see who was reading (thanks ruacatlover2 and Aiden!). I know other people read it (including relatives) but not everyone likes to comment; I'm ok with that. Lately my search hits have been increasing and have become three-quarters of traffic. The most popular pages in search are hardware-related (especially the one where I mention the Lambency Flash Diffuser), so I've been ok with posting more about hardware. Hopefully I'll get back to some photo related posts.

And finally, it's been raining almost every day for the last few weeks. It's really hard to get out and shoot (which is what I've been dying to do with the new Sigma 600mm) when it is constantly pouring. That's ok though, I know I'll get six months of uninterrupted sun this summer.


So, that's what's been on my mind lately.

I'm planning on getting the FD/EOS converter post up in the next few days (I had to make another light box for quick product shots because my previous box died in the move -- the new one is bigger and better, I think).

Sadly, I'm still waiting for the Lambency Flash Diffuser from DealExtreme. They aren't kidding when they say 14 day delivery time -- I ordered Jan 7th, it left DealEx on Jan 14th, and it left Hong Kong on the 24th (three days ago????). Needless to say, don't order anything from them if you want it fast (by fast, I mean within a month).

I'm also waiting for a used Canon 100mm F/4 Macro (FD mount). That was supposed to be shipped on Tuesday via priority mail from Colorado, so I'm quite surprised it hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully it will show up today.

No comments: