Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2007 in Review: Statistics

Happy 1st Birthday!

Today is the first birthday of this blog, started exactly one year ago on January 1st, 2007. In honor of the milestone I'm going to post a series of entries relating to where the blog has been, what is contained in the blog, and where it is going. A large part of that will be to reorganize (or, maybe I should say, organize for the first time) a lot of the labeling.

For now, I thought I'd kick off the 2007 in Review series by posting some statistics from 2007. Of course, since I've only been using Google Analytics since April, all of my web stats only reflect the past six months.
  • Days Active: 365
  • Total Posts: 200
  • Total Comments: 30 (about 12 are mine)
  • Total Visits (6 mos): 5,437
  • Total Pageviews (6 mos): 8,423
  • Posts including the word Stanford: 22
  • Percent of Traffic from Search/Referrals/Direct: 56.15% / 37.15% / 6.69%
  • Percent of Traffic from Strobist: 25.92%
  • Posts mentioning Strobist: 28 (that's it?)
  • DPC Challenges entered: 35
  • Hours spent posting, inspecting stats, etc: uncountable
  • Money earned through Google Adsense: If I told you, I'd have to kill you (ballpark is a meal at McDonalds)
  • Value of what I've learned: priceless

While I'm at it, how about the ten most popular pages:
  1. Tamron Reviews: 17-50mm f/2.8 vs 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5
  2. $9 DIY Ring Light
  3. Squint-Reduction: Cross-light with the Sun
  4. Review: Nikon SB-20
  5. Review: Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 LD Macro
  6. DIY Macro Ring Flash #1: Introduction
  7. How To Test Autofocus
  8. Anatomy of a Photo: Lens for eBay
  9. Review: Reversed Nikkor-H 50mm F/2
  10. Keeping Count

Obviously, people like to read about camera hardware.

Keep an eye out for my next 2007 in Review post summarizing what's gone on in the blog over the past year. It may take a day or two though because I want to reorganize the labels to simplify navigation.

No comments: