Friday, March 30, 2007

A New Direction

Until two days ago, I had posted on 86 (almost) consecutive days. But guess what I decided...

Quality is more important than quantity.

Lately it has been harder and harder to get pictures up every day without putting up pictures that don't really serve a point. More of an issue is that I find I just can't put much time into each post, so they end up being more of a 'this is a picture of Dora taken for a DPChallenge contest' (such as below, which I didn't bother to post a few days ago). Lets be honest, just showing pictures is not that interesting. Telling a story is.


And while I'm not really trying to get lots of readers, I have a picture repository on my computer, and if I just simply wanted to share them with people, I'd use a Flickr account (note to self, get Flickr account).

So this is what I decided -- this is no longer a photo-a-day blog, more of a photo every 2-3 days type blog. Actually, more to the point, I'd like to actually get posts than mean something up, which many times will take more than one picture. So, yeah, I'll keep updating, but I'm going to slow down and do fewer, better posts.

So, hopefully in the next few days, I'll change the appropriate headings to fit this new direction. I've also been meaning to put 'best-of' links in the side-bar and do some labeling.

No comments: