Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Helpful Hints From Jeju, South Korea...

Wow, over two weeks has elapsed since my last post. Luckily, I'm in Jeju, South Korea for a conference and I've had lots to point my camera at. Expect a bunch of pictures in the near future.

For now, some helpful hints for the next time you are on the Hawaii of Korea:

Helpful Hint #1: In a warm and humid climate, your lens will fog up when you leave an air-conditioned room and go outside. This morning it took half an hour for my camera lens to defog when I went to the beach, and I missed a bunch of photos.

Helpful Hint #2: Sometimes it is just better to go to the hotel restaurant and point to what you want when ordering room service instead of getting nowhere on the phone. Edit: The ox-tail soup I ordered is pictured at left.

Helpful Hint #3: Bring an umbrella. And lots of clean underwear and shirts. Coming from the desert that is the Bay Area, I was shocked how quickly I could soak a shirt with sweat, even when it wasn't raining.

No comments: